Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The struggle to accept all Jesus has for me.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. - Hebrews 12:12. 

I must say this might be the other* key to life. Fix my eyes on Jesus. I find my eyes fixed on every other thing around me. And in it I'm disturbed. Herein lies the discrepancy: I get to choose. In my immaturity, my arrogance, my pride, I can choose poorly.

When I truly allow God's leadership, the movement of His Spirit within me, I focus on Jesus. I can hear the words of John the Baptist, "Prepare the way of the LORD," he very well may have been speaking directly to me.

Prepare, consider the way of the LORD. Consider His way. See Him. Focus on Him.

And when I do I get to consider peace, a path that doesn't require trappings. The more. How do you experience The more in Him?

*Philippians 4:6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment