Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Really, who is in control?

One of the great tools used against THIS believer, is concern. Ok, worry. I was faced with a rather frustrating situation this morning and as I was driving, my thoughts were on how I would conquer this rather arrogant and invisible dragon. The thoughts of all that could happen became the overwhelming chorus to which my response is to consider my every step, carefully, plotting my way.
I know this is a defeating method and that I, the daughter of the Ruler of the Universe, can rest, because my DAD has my back. Still, I try to consider beguiling phrases as I pick up my weapons, and try to handle my situation.
Then, I turned on the radio, and a beloved pastor reminded me that "worry, is not a tool for the Christian." It flies in the face of who God is. You see it is an unreasonable response to potential danger when one lives under the cover of the God who promises to light our path and even prepare a table for us in the presence of our enemies.
Oh yeah, now I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment