Friday, February 15, 2013

One Word:: a necklace



Liz Eaton One Word necklace
Here's another token of One Word. This necklace is made by another talented Etsy artist, Liz Eaton. She also created a few others like this one.

I think they're wonderful. And I find myself so engaged in the One Word notion, that it became momentarily comical when I realized how enough was already bumping up against more. Well, what do you know?

For now, I'm not really doing anything about this. Just noticing. Noticing and being aware are good journey partners, don't you think? I can go deeper into what I've learned about this, but for now I'll just say, non-judgmental awareness is one of the best concepts I've encountered. And, I'll be happy to learn all there is just watching for now.

I will say that as I noted my wants jumping for joy I heard a voice in the back of my head, from my other favorite pastor in the world: Kenton Beshore, at Mariner's Church in Orange County. Kenton said, with such grace and boldness: "What's the one thing most people in Orange County don't have?" (sustained pause and the answer is?) 

"Enough."

And, isn't the necklace just lovely?


No comments:

Post a Comment