Tuesday, February 9, 2010

How faithful?

I have found myself, recently, in the almost expected struggle that comes when we choose to glorify God. When we choose to obey and speak rather than rescind to the wall. I truly believe the enemy hates the follower. And sometimes I forget that the One, the Glorious One, on whom my eyes should be at every minute, is faithful and He loves me well.
I also seem to forget that His eyes are on me. All the time. Because He is Good and I am His. So, following my prayers and return to the "off-focus" walk, He comes after me with the good gifts - reminding me of His Word and the Walk He has chosen for me. The Victorious walk.
This morning John Piper posted the following scripture on his Facebook page. I know very little about this man. But every word I've read so far has moved me. Strengthened my resolve. Softened my heart. Opened my hands. 
Here in the presence of a bleak spot I am reminded:
Matthew 10:22
All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Philippians 1:6
being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
1 Corinthians 1:8  
He will keep you strong to the end, so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9God, who has called you into fellowship with his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, is faithful.
1 Thessalonians 5:34
The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.

Oh He is THAT faithful. 

1 comment: